Recent comments

• Pumpkin Ale Update   4 years 38 weeks ago

Yeah yeah yeah. You are right however the UpaDowna army brewed a stout last week! All in all I'd say at least one member is brewing everyday. So the variety is pretty out of control. Right now we have a hard cider, mead, black stout, cherry ale, pumpkin ale and a few others I can't remember, with more to come!!

• Pumpkin Ale Update   4 years 38 weeks ago

Dude! It's winter! Where are the stouts!?

• UpaDowna/Dragonfly Farm Pumpkin Ale Batch #1   4 years 38 weeks ago

[...] I just bottled the pumpkin ale I brewed a few weeks back and wow it tastes great!! Looks to be a hair over 6% and is smooth as can [...]

• Mountain Khakis   4 years 38 weeks ago

Yeti,
    Thanks for the MK shout out here! I understand the precautions you have about spending the money on a pair of MKs and that you might not have had a great initial experience with MK; however, I also know that we are a company that does care what our customers think and we do want them to be happy with the product and the company. We have made numerous changes to products over our 6 years of existence to make MK better than ever.

In regards to where we sell…we sell our products in smaller stores because this is where we see the most traction. When venturing outdoors we find people care about the gear they wear/represent (Jay, this is why your rural Mississippi store carries them). With all this said, I do hope you give MK another chance as I know you will find it will be worth it.

Get in our pants…MK – “Built for the Mountain Life”

• Where Are You Skiing This Season?   4 years 38 weeks ago

Breck, Keystone, Basin and Vail (10 days)...although, I just fell in love with Loveland Pass again!

• Mountain Khakis   4 years 38 weeks ago

I have long wondered about these Mountain Khakis. I would like to try them. I also wonder why my store here in (basically) rural Mississippi has them. Haha. I guess we can be hard on pants too.

• Mountain Khakis   4 years 38 weeks ago

I gotta say... part of the mountain lifestyle is scraping together enough $$ to get quality gear, and I jacked my $70 pair all up within weeks as well. Belt loop blew out in the first few days. I do like their ethics, but there needs to be more of a balance between price and quality considering most mountain folk are dead-broke. p.s. I am selling my pair of women's teton twills, - 1 belt loop, to buy dog sledding gear, if anyone is interested...

• Spadout   4 years 39 weeks ago

[...] sure and check back often and if unfamiliar with what Spadout is all about check our previous write up. Share and [...]

• Champion   4 years 39 weeks ago

Photoshop. That guy can barely walk up the steps to his house.

• 3 SPOT Activations On One Trip!!!!   4 years 39 weeks ago

Cool, didn't know you could rent the spot thingies. Those people are dimwits. It surprises me how many people hike w little to no water or really any plan of where to get more water. I'm glad they fined them, hopefully fined them a lot.

• 3 SPOT Activations On One Trip!!!!   4 years 39 weeks ago

I wonder if any previous trips were in Lost Creek Wilderness with a six pack of Mt. Dew, a pound of bacon, and a chair dangling from his pack. Ya know!

• SW Colorado Anti-Resort   4 years 39 weeks ago

[...] should check out the Shaun White Project X site and definitely read up on UTM’s post from the Silverton Backcountry last season. When you do check out the Project X site definitely check out the sweet videos!!! [...]

• 3 SPOT Activations On One Trip!!!!   4 years 39 weeks ago

The reliance on gadgetry will, eventually weed out the less-adequate genes in the pool, but as a trip leader I think he should have gotten something a little more harsh than a citation. He could have seriously jeopardized the safety of those trusting him. Should be banned from the park.

• Race Across The Sky   4 years 39 weeks ago

I don’t want to give away the ending, but I bet Lance wins.

• Race Across The Sky   4 years 39 weeks ago

Got my ticket and ready to sign up for the LT100 when registration opens in Jan!

• UpaDowna/Dragonfly Farm Pumpkin Ale Batch #1   4 years 39 weeks ago

I recently had a pint of Pumpkin Stout and it was rather delicious. Good luck with this batch!

• Lambs To The Slaughter   4 years 40 weeks ago

So true. Then there was the woman and the buck deer west of town last week. The woman with that monkey who chewed her face off a year or so ago. So sad for the animals who will always be wild animals, but are euthanize d because of human stupidity.

• Great Pictures!!   4 years 42 weeks ago

Yeti, glad you liked my photo! I'd love an Upadowna sticker for my Brewnoe. In the meantime, check out my site, especially this entry http://lostcascadia.blogspot.com/2009/08/summit-brews-to-you.html
    Here's to beer and the great outdoors!

• Mountainsmith Boulder Press Day   4 years 42 weeks ago

that's awesome; I love Mountainsmith products, and I have quite a few. :D

• The UpaDowna Roll   4 years 42 weeks ago

[...] works. Also I will do my best to get over to Ghin Asian Blend & Sushi to finally try out the UpaDowna sushi roll!! Share and [...]

• "COLD BEER" Shall Be Our War Cry!!!   4 years 42 weeks ago

your data only reflects beer is not the drink of choice...I am pretty sure we drink plenty...and if you stopped the average may be lower overall

• Winter Is Coming-Check Your Gear!!   4 years 43 weeks ago

jerk

yeah yeah yeah I know but the flood gates will be opening again soon!

• Winter Is Coming-Check Your Gear!!   4 years 43 weeks ago

By the time you post another blog article, it will probably be spring.

• Truck Bed Sleeping Platform   4 years 43 weeks ago

Thanks Ian. Were you still able to use the futon as a couch as well as a bed?

• Truck Bed Sleeping Platform   4 years 45 weeks ago

Nice work, When I made one a few years back I used an old Futon and Futon frame. took a little modification but worked great.