WordPress database error: [Table 'upadowna_DB.upa_ppress_meta_data' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM upa_ppress_meta_data WHERE meta_key = 'content_restrict_data'
Weight: 2 lbs. 7 oz.
Capacity: 28.76 liters
The Mazama is another extremely versatile smaller sized pack that is capable of hauling heavy loads from Jansport's Cloud Ripper series. Designed for cold weather play the Mazama has a clear TPE nylon abrasive resistant surface to protect it from your gear, such as ice tools and axes, as well as the edges of your skis and boards. The Mazama is an extremely durable pack for its size. The thick padded ergonomic unbound-edge shoulder straps combined with the compression molded back panel and the molded padded hip-belt, make carrying heavy loads like snowboards and skis feel like child's play!
A downer for me while testing this pack was the torso length is only a modest 17.5 inches. Meaning it's great for the average customer, but larger folks won't be so comfy. I honestly couldn't even fit in this pack while wearing a jacket. If I could get Jansport to put some larger straps on it, I would be sold.
One really nice feature that you don't see as often as you should on packs designed for the winter months is a specific place for your goggles. Your goggles need to be easily accessed, but at the same time be securely protected from other equipment. The Mazama has integrated a Tricot lined goggle pocket, that is accessible from the top of the pack, which will keep your lenses scratch free!
- Ergonomic, unbound-edge shoulder straps
- Large panel-loading compartment provides for quick packing and access to gear
- Compression molded back panel
Strap snowboard to the front of the pack with the tuck away lashing straps
- Secure skis parallel to each other, A-Frame style with Hypalon Ski cuffs, or diagnally with the double reinforced webbing system
- Tricot lined goggle pocket
- Hydration sleeve with exit port and tube management
- Molded padded hipbelt with zippered pockets for small items
- Water-resistant zippers with finger loop pulls
- TPE face protects the pack for wear from skis and snowboard
- Dual hypalon lashing ovals
- Gear loop for ice axe or ski poles
- Sternum strap
- Web haul handle
I was very happy with how well this compact pack carried such heavy weight comfortably. I think it was designed great for snowshoeing, ice climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and short mountaineering climbs. The Mazama's diverse ski and snowboard carrying systems added with the sturdy gear loops for poles and ice axes, and ability to carry heavy loads comfortably, make it an amazing winter daypack. With all the snow and ice melting right now your time is limited to use this pack to its full potential. However, end of season sales make it the perfect time to find a killer deal on the Mazama. If you're lucky enough to find it on sale, take advantage of it!
Now I just need to talk to my friends at Jansport about making packs for larger size customers 😉