And hella fun.
The “Really Outrageous Adventure Race” is back for the 5th year! Click here for more info!
Explore Downtown Colorado Springs like never before! Grab your team, roll up your sleeves and get ready to put your brawn and brain to the test! Numerous physical and mental activities wait for you along the course. Check in at “Basecamp” (Lincoln Center) to get your clues to the race course. Then, head out by foot or by bike into the great unknown to attack your first activity! Gather clues to complete the course, and participate in the photo scavenger hunt to win prizes! Teams compete for 1st-3rd based on completion of activities, time completed and bonus points.
For the 2nd year in a row, UpaDowna is partnering with the Rocky Mountain State Games to include ROAR Urban Adventure Race as one of the 40+ sports in the 2017 RMSG. More than 10,000 athletes of all ages and skill levels are expected to participate in competition primarily taking place July 20-22 & 27-29. To learn more, visit RockyMountainStateGames.org.
- $30/Adult until April
- $40/Adult, April until June
- $50/Adult, June to day of the event
- KIDS: First child 17 and under- $15, each additional child $5 each.
- Kids 5 and under= FREE!
Rules & Guidelines
- Teams of 4-6 allowed for both Family and Competitive category, at least one person on Family Team must be 17 or younger.
- Ages 18+ may be on an adult, competitive team, 17 and under must be with a family team.
- Adults wishing to participate with a celebratory after-ROAR beer MUST present ID at check-in or after-party
- All participants must sign a safety waiver online or in person
- Must have a team captain
- At least one smartphone per team is required (photo scavenger hunt included in ROAR) Use hashtags #ROARinthecity to win!
- If you are participating in the Competitive Category of ROAR, you must have two modes of transport: your feet and non-motorized wheels, like a bike (secure bike parking will be available at basecamp).
- For the Family Category, the mode of transport can be by feet, bikes, bike trailers, tag-a-longs, jogging strollers etc…
- Need help with adaptive equipment? Just ask us!
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for your non-motorized mode of transportation!! Required for all participants on bikes and for kids on bikes, scooters, tag-a-longs or on their own set of wheels. Parents: you can make the decision for helmets on kids in bike trailers.
- FREE food and cold refreshments at the after party! Donations welcome!
- Competitive Team Winner
- Family Team Winner
- 2nd & 3rd place teams in each category
- Most Creative Team Name (in each category)
- Most Creative Team Costumes (in each category)
- Most Team Spirit (in each category)
and of course…
For more info about becoming a sponsor, please check out this link, or email Randi at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 5th Annual ROAR in the City-
Really Outrageous Adventure Race
Sat. July 21st, 2018 9am-2pm
NOW SEEKING 2018 SPONSORS!
Thank you to our 2018 Beer Sponsor!
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors!